GECE VARDIYASI (NIGHT SHIFT) – CYPRUS, 2023. CO-WRITER & CO-DIRECTOR, WITH ALASDAIR BAYNE.
On his first night protecting the Cypriot coastline, a young cadet is forced to comfort his retiring mentor who has gone insane after years of service.
- Pitched at the When East Meets West co-production forum in Trieste, Italy
- Developed through Midpoint Shorts 2021-22, a project-development programme for short-film projects
KONSOMATRIS(HOSTESS) – CYPRUS, 2020. CO-WRITER & CO-DIRECTOR, WITH ALASDAIR BAYNE.
Feeling an overwhelming pressure to have sex for the first time, Ahmet does what almost all teenage boys in North Cyprus do: He pays for it.
- 17th Alicante International Film Festival (Spain)
- 3rd The South London Film Festival (United Kingdom)
HAFTASONU(WEEKEND) – CYPRUS, 2016. WRITER & DIRECTOR.
Following his father’s death, Hasan returns to Cyprus after many years. As he spends time in his childhood village, the pressure to attend the funeral pushes Hasan to confront his past and to search for reconciliation, not only with his family and home but also with himself.
- 6th International Short Film Festival of Cyprus – Honorary Distinction for Best Actor Izel Seylani
- 14th Mediterranean Short Film Festival of Tangier (Morocco)
- 4th FerFilm International Film Festival (Kosovo)
BRÓÐIR(BROTHER) – ICELAND, 2016. ASSISTANT EDITOR.
In a remote village in Northern Iceland, two teenage brothers try to make sense of their lives and their relationship with one other.
- Reykjavik International Film Festival (Iceland)
BEKLEYIS(AWAITING) – CYPRUS, 2016. ASSISTANT DIRECTOR.
A short film that explores the effects of conflict and war on a Turkish and Greek Cypriot child.
LEAVE – UNITED KINGDOM, 2012. WRITER & DIRECTOR.
Maria has accepted her lifestyle of abuse and domination by Juan. However, a shared moment with a small girl will lead her towards an opportunity for freedom. Click here to watch an extract.
- Cyprus International Film Festival – Special Mention for Best Short Film
- Ljubljana International Short Film Festival (Slovenia)
- Fastnet Short Film Festival (Ireland)
- Shqip International Short Film Festival (Kosovo)
- Deep Fried Film Festival (Scotland)
- Salento International Film Festival (Italy)
- Cornwall Film Festival (United Kingdom)
- Golden Island International Film Festival (Cyprus)
BIRD – SCOTLAND, 2012. ASSOCIATE PRODUCER.
Adolescence is the only period in which we learn anything…
- BAFTA New Talent Award – Best Actor nomination for Lauren Grace Wilson (United Kingdom)
- Raindance Film Festival – Best UK Short nomination (United Kingdom)
- Encounters Short Film & Animation Film Festival (United Kingdom)
- Glasgow International Film Festival (United Kingdom)
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival (United Kingdom)
- Flatpack Film Festival (United Kingdom)
- Travelling Film Festival, Rennes (France)
MALI – LEBANON, 2012. CO-EDITOR.
Mali revolves around the life of Mali, a Sri-Lankan domestic worker, locked within the household of her Lebanese employer in Lebanon.
- Cannes Short Film Corner (France)
- The European Independent Film Festival (France)
- Pentedattilo International Short Film Festival (Italy)
- Leiden International Short Film Experience (The Netherlands)
- International Film Festival for Peace, Inspiration & Equality (Indonesia)
- Festival du monde Arabe du Court metrage (Morocco)
LANDESCAPES – UNITED KINGDOM, 2013. ASST. DIRECTOR & PRODUCER.
A young couple living in London try to maintain their relationship amongst the pressure of their families, unemployment and alienation. Peter wishes to marry Ayse in order to stop living in the shadow of his mother. Meanwhile Ayse struggles to come to terms with her existence as an outsider within the society. The two look for a way to escape their conflicts, unaware of each other.
- Shqip International Short Film Festival (Kosovo) – Best Actress for Mengu Turk
- Ankara International Film Festival (Turkey)
- London Turkish Film Festival (United Kingdom)